Saturday 19 November 2011

Hang It Small


Next week I'm heading down to London to visit an old friend who's just had a baby. She's already got two girls so she already has all the essentials (an non essentials) but having a big family has meant that she hasn't had a lot of time to prepare a new room for the new arrival; a little boy called Leo. When I had my daughter we prepared a colourful but gender neutral room for her. I've never been one for pink and I figure that women don't go around dressed head to foot in the colour so why should children. One of the most lovely presents I received for A when she was born was a set of three hand-painted wooden coat hangers in blue, peach and cream decked out with ribbons  and painted beads and I was searching (unsuccessfully) for something similar when I came across this lovely little gem. The Rainbow Coat Rack £18.99 from the Great Little Trading Company. Perfect for a boy or a girl's nursery with it's lovely retro style bobble hooks, this would make an original and much appreciated present for any new mother. Mount it at toddler height to make 'tidying' fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment