Thursday 24 November 2011

A Grateful Cuppa

I love to give mugs as thank you presents. And I don't mean the big chunky mass-produced kind with daft cartoons and slogans. I like to find exquisite little pieces that look like works of art, wrap them up in generous amounts of soft tissue paper and present them snuggly nestled in mini gift bags with ribbon handles. The days of matching crockery are long gone. Modern style dicatates that we collect things for our home that we find beautiful and that 'complement' rather than 'match' eachother. The more eclectic, the better. Personally, I always choose my mug according to what I fancy to drink and for a rare afternoon's feet up with the papers and a pot of fresh loose leaf Earl Grey, I would have to choose something like this (above). The small Love Birds Red/ Pink Stipe Senseo Mug £6.95 is just one of a range of beautiful designs by Pip Studio. Delicate and vibrant, I love the little robin and the subtle gilding. They are definitely available in Selfridges because I bought a few as thank you gifts for some friends who helped us out with a project we had to deliver recently but I have seen them in other independent gift shops. Pack two different ones together as a great thank you present for a couple.   Decorative, eye-catching and practical, they make a great impact when you really want to let someone know how much you appreciate them.

No comments:

Post a Comment