Tuesday 6 December 2011

On the 7th Day of Christmas...

Perhaps not for vegetarians this one. I was really sorry not to get to the V&A Museum on a recent visit to London. It is one of my favourite places in the Capital and I had arranged to have tea there with my godmother before London Transport intervened and I got stuck in a tunnel. Grumble. Grumble. So, instead, I've done the next best thing and had a little wander around their online shop over a nice cup of Earl Grey. Mounted game heads seem to be all over the place at the moment but I think this Floral Stag Head £45.00 is the prettiest one I've seen. It is the perfect gift for someone who (like me) likes to cover the walls of their home with interesting stuff as well as paintings and photographs. It would look great in a recess, above a door or over a mantle mirror or guest bed.  It would also look fabulous mounted above an ornate hook in a hallway or cloakroom. Made of lightweight wooden board, the surface design is derived from 18th and 19th century Italian textiles and it comes in a self assembly pack so there's fun to be had putting it together too. All proceeds from the shop go back into helping keep this great British institution accessible to all as a free resource which is  more than enough reason to go for a littlegift shopping there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment